Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Confessions of a shopaholic

AAGGGHHH!!
So, out of love for my husband I made a promise that if he bought me a pair of sandals and a new purse for Mother's Day/our anniversary that I would not shop for anything other than groceries until September! Just like any drama queen I say what I will to get my way. However, he is holding me to it! As he should. We don't have the money for anything extra. Not that I am a big spender, but I buy little things here and there and they add up a lot. I find that I use shopping and eating as a comfort or an escape. I am addicted to NEW things.
Oh, this is so sad. I hope that I can learn to not want but enjoy what I have and be creative in making things I can't get.
Stay tuned for more confessions of a shopaholic...

1 comment:

  1. Been right where you are! Do not give up if you buy something, it won't be easy to quit cold turkey especially if your having a bad day or week and that is one of your coping mechanisms. And it will get hard because if your not able to get distracted from whatever your feeling it will mean that you have to deal with those feelings, ACK!! Its scary but you can do it!!! Matt seems like a really great husband and very understanding, I think this is great that you have realized this and that you have him behind you!! :0)

    ReplyDelete